Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting back to it & Management

so I had some stuff going on and I haven't been Tshooting or simulating for while ...

I hope I can say that this is like riding a bike or shooting a basketball, but my skills do marginally fade without constant practise. so I'll be hitting the GNS3 /Boson simulators hard to gain my touch and my insticts ..

so since I haven't been doing a lot of technical stuff that i can share lately - we can tackle management in this post .

you want to pass the exam ? you'd better manage your time to the best you can ..

My rough calculations is around 9 mins per ticket should be fine , but of course we'd get ticket that would be sorted within 5 mins and some will need 15 so lets just stick to an average.


from Cisco test exam . I can see if you go back to a machine after just closing the ticket you can still run the same commands you have just ran for the previous ticket, for example , machine X cannot ping this server. I would run a traceroute and some pings than I can re run by pressing the "up key" a few times and that would save me some time ..

another trick which is very very important in time management is when you have a ticket so easy that you solved in a coulpe minutes , DO NOT SOLVE IT YET BUT RATHER MAKE IT YOUR BENCH MARK FOR CORRECT ANSWERS.



just don't forget to write down your answer so you can go back and answer it at the end .

No comments:

Post a Comment